One day you wake up and realize you are at the highest weight you’ve been at in almost 15 years… In fact, you’re almost reaching post-baby weight after the birth of your 3rd child (who is now almost 14 years old). But what’s worse… it’s not the number on the scale, but how you feel.
Seriously, lately I have been stress eating and displaying almost zero self-control when it comes to my food choices. Add to that, 2 years ago – after my fourth half-marathon – I literally stopped running. I honestly have no idea why. I am starting to see pictures of myself and not liking what I see, but it’s deeper than that. I just plain don’t feel good. When I’m sitting I feel my gut. When I am standing, I feel my shirt clinging to said gut… I just feel gross.
My weight has literally yo-yo’d for the last 15 year, but this time I’ve let it go too far… So perhaps now it’s time to publicly get off my lazy behind and do something about it. Make better choices, eat well, focus on HEALTH and not some diet. So let’s journey together…
Today is Day 1 of building a healthier version of myself.
Here are the things I am going to commit to (and you should hold me accountable)
- I am going to track my food. Every. Single. Day. I use MyFitnessPal, and you can come hold me accountable! Connect with me on MyFitnessPal. I am not going to starve myself, and I am still going to eat desserts (in moderation), but I am going to track how my food trends, and what my tracker tells me at the end of each day… “Based on today’s food intake, in 5 weeks you will weigh X pounds.” I am not focused on that end number, but my goal is for that daily assessment to trend downwards so that I am not continuing to gain weight. I will allow myself days where I do eat maybe a little too much, or yes have that extra cookie – but I will log it all honestly.
- I am going to get up and move! I don’t plan to move mountains and commit to some hard-core workout program. I also don’t know that I have it in me to run another half marathon (those were really hard for me), but I am going to work on closing out the activity rings on my Apple Watch – Every. Single. Day.
- I am going to take Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules for 60 days and then report back on the results. I have a lot of friends that take spoonfuls of this stuff and swear by how it makes them feel. There are articles all over the interwebs that talk about the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar – so why not?
- I am going to focus on my spiritual and emotional health at the same time… I believe this all goes hand-in-hand. When my soul is at peace and I have true joy, the better food choices are easier to make. There are some areas in my life right now that when I focus on those, they spin me into a depressive mood. I am focusing on making some changes in areas of my life that will affect my daily outlook. In addition, I need to spend more time in God’s word. That’s just a plain fact. When I am focus on God’s plan for my life, and remembering He’s the driver of my bus, I have better days.
So why Apple Cider Vinegar?
I settled on Havasu Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules, which you can find on Amazon. I chose these after looking at different brands and reading recommendations from people who were not paid to recommend them. Personal stories… So the what exactly are the health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar? I’ve read SEVERAL articles and this is what they all say are the benefits (I’ve bolded the ones I believe will most benefit me):
- Improved digestive health.
- Normalization of intestinal bacteria.
- Strengthen immune system.
- Regulates blood sugar.
- Reduced blood pressure.
- Weight loss.
- Bad breath.
- Skin benefits.
- Heartburn prevention.
- Prevents leg cramping and restless leg syndrome.
- Improved stamina and energy.
Honestly, it sounds like a magic pill… But I am willing to give it a try. This will be combined with other healthy choices for an overall more healthy lifestyle, but I will be interested to see how I REALLY feel after 60 days of taking one capsule a day with breakfast. All I know is people swear by it… So why not give it a try?
So here goes nothing. Come journey with me. I’ll share my progress, my challenges, my victories…
But it all starts today.