Skillet Chocolate Chip Cheese Cake • When Cookie Cake & Cheesecake Collide
[fsn_row][fsn_column style=”display: block;” width=”12″][fsn_text]
I totally cannot take credit for this… I wish I could. This recipe is seriously like some kind of witchcraft. I cannot even put into words how easy and delish this is! It’s a cheesecake and a chocolate chip cookie cake all mashed up into one dessert. Like, I seriously can’t even put this into words…
I always thought cheesecake was hard to make. Silly I know. I made my first full cheesecake about 2 months ago in my Quick Cooker and it was super easy… But this is even easier!
What you need to make this awesomeness:
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts. (Food Chopper works great for this!)
- 2 lbs of chocolate chip cookie dough. You can use 2 tubes of pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough, or the recipe on the back of the tollhouse chip bag.
- 2 packages of cream cheese (8oz each) – softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Oven Safe Nonstick 12″ Skillet
To make this magic:
- Preheat your oven to 350 and move the rack to the middle (of course before you heat it silly).
- Divide your cookie dough into thirds.
- Press 2/3 of the cookie dough into the bottom of your ungreased 12″ nonstick skillet. Remember this is going in the oven, so your skillet will need to be oven safe. (Pampered Chef’s has removable handles, for easy in and out of the oven!)
- In a medium bowl, crumble the remaining 1/3 of cookie dough, add chopped pecans and mix lightly. Set aside.
- In a 2qt bowl or larger, whisk cream cheese until smooth. (You don’t need any power tools for this!)
- To the cream cheese, add your eggs, sugar and flour. Whisk until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the cookie dough in your skillet.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie dough and pecan mixture over the top.
- Bake 30-32 minutes or until topping is golden brown and center is slightly puffed up.
- During the last few minutes of baking, put your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave uncovered for 30-60 seconds on high or until chocolate is melted and smooth. TIP: Stir every 20 seconds during heating.
- When the skillet comes out of the oven, drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature (Warm is better).
You can cut the recipe in half and make in a 10″ nonstick skillet as well!
For more like this, and see the food as it happens, come join me over on Facebook – I’m just a real life chef doing my thing!