I gotta tell yah… I never got the hype with pressure cookers, like the Instant Pot, until I got one of my own. In full disclosure, I got my Pampered Chef Quick Cooker free because of my Director Status… It’s not a product I even had on my wish list really. I saw people posting about the Instant Pot craze, but never jumped on the wagon. I will tell you I love to shop and cook, but this was one product I just didn’t think I needed… And then mine showed up… *gulp*
I am all about saving time, I have 2 teenage boys still at home in sports, theater, ministry, scouts and more. I have 2 grand babies and a 3rd on the way, I serve in 2 ministries, work a full time job, and I’m exhausted just writing this all out!
When I ask people what is their biggest struggle in the kitchen, the number one answer is TIME! Lack of time! So check this out! This recipe is healthy, has about 5 ingredients, costs under $20 for the family, and comes together in under 30 minutes! (I also make this with Southwestern Spaghetti Squash with Chicken).
If you know anything about cooking spaghetti squash, if you go the conventional route in the oven, it takes about an hour to bake… Who’s got that kind of time on a busy weeknight? I know I sure don’t! But we love spaghetti squash in our house.
So, since I got my hands on a pressure cooker, and looked up all the info, I have been making variations of this recipe almost weekly! You can do anything with spaghetti squash to dress it up!
So here the “how-to” for quick Southwestern Spaghetti Squash. Enjoy! And leave a comment if you make it and tell me what you think!
Here’s how to make this low-carb Southwestern Spaghetti Squash in under 30 minutes!
Trust me you’ll be STUFFED!
Southwest Spaghetti Squash!
– 1 Medium Spaghetti Squash
– 1/2 Lb Ground Beef
– Taco/TexMex Seasoning to taste
– Shredded Cheddar
– Your Favorite Salsa
OPTIONAL: Avocado and/or Sour Cream
• Half and seed your spaghetti squash. (I recommend a Scoop Loop for $6 from Pampered Chef to remove seeds from all kinds of produce!)
• Spritz with a little oil and salt and pepper to elevate the flavors.
• Add at least 1 cup of water to your pressure cooker. (I prefer the Pampered Chef Quick Cooker)
• Place Spaghetti Squash in Pressure Cooker, replace lid and cook for 12-13 minutes.
• While it’s cooking, cook and season your ground beef with the Mexican seasonings.
• When pressure cooker stops, release steam.
• Remove squash and lift “noodles” away from skin with a fork.
• Mix in ground beef and top with cheese.
You can throw it in the oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese, OR just stir it in while it’s hot and it melts on it own.
Add salsa and serve!
Avocado and Sour Cream Optional!